Thread: Donations
View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2013, 20:27   #62
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
It has nothing to do with 'my way' it has everything to do with the fact the game is 7 weeks long and the basic concept is to attack and defend to gain roids and build ships. It is not 4 weeks long where you as the latestarter spend 2 of those in artifical protection mode racking in the resources to suddenly rank jump above 80% of the playerbase in a day and coast home to a t20 finish, maybe higher if your alliance thinks it can get you a t3 finish..

How about we ALL latestart next round, its obviously the best way to play... oh hang on we cant, because for you guys to play this way, a lot of us have to have actually played the game as it was intended for 2 weeks before you even even start and for another 2 before you actually join in.
For a latestarter to play the way he plays (the latestarter strategy) he needs a galaxy that played from the start to keep him save. Motti this round proved you don't even need an alliance necessarily. He doesn't need anyone else who played from the start for anything.

I think it is all down to the fact that you/your galaxy has continuously failed to play all 7 weeks of the round that you have such a hardon for ppl who (for whatever reason) decide to play less ticks. Also the latestarter strategy doesn't at all rely on latestarter spots, but can be played by anyone, at any time in the round. It is just less effective the earlier in the round you play it.

And considering wishmaster didn't latestart this round it obviously isn't the best way to play the round either.

Going back to your earlier rant (i'm sorry but i can't call it anything else): Latestarters generally don't require much ally def prior to being able to provide it too (considering they are playing in a top 10 defending galaxy), so no they don't ask you to provide def for 1000 ticks. The rest of your rant seems based too much on emotions so i cba to compose a rational reply on it.

****ing point of a strategy game is to come up with a strategy that works, not to see who's the best at a single strategy...

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 13 May 2013 at 20:50.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote