View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:44   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So yesterday I watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Why did you think Lord of War was ridiculous Jonny?
I happened to see the movie last week, and I somewhat liked it as the basic premise and story was quite alright.

However, I'm going to have to side with Jonny here on the side of it being fairly ridiculous. Mainly because of how hilarously easy everything went in the movie; Nicholas Cage sees someone get shot and decides to become an arms dealer right there. Fortunately some random person in the synagogue he's never been to sells Uzi's and a week later he is selling them on to African dictators. Then, in order to get acquainted with a photo model, he hires off an entire hotel and has her sent there for a fake photo shoot, after which she sits down next to him on the beach and falls for him immediately, because that's what you do as an internationally acclaimed photo model when you're in a completely empty hotel with one other random guest and your photo shoot just got cancelled.

And there's more stuff like that. The story isn't bad, but it's obviously so far detached from reality that it somewhat negatively influences the film as a whole, considering it doesn't actually take place in some fictional world.