Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 12:41   #238
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'm sorry but you need to be either seriously deranged or seriously misinformed to describe Germany in 2009 as an occupied nation.
Since I started my post with "i don't know much about this...." its safe to assume the 'misinformed part' but thanks for trying to push through your intellectual superiority with the former comment [this is in jest before we derail the thread again].

Our army did use to occupy germany (a 'bit like' how we are occupying iraq atm). If we had never occupied germany, our army would not be there now. So at least it is completely different to how the USA have a military presence in the UK.

Also was there really no treaty signed in 1945 saying that hte allies should permanently have a military presence in germany or something? There probably wasn't, but there should have been.

edit: I should also add that for me 'occupied' means the army is there against the wishes of the country. You know, they don't have a say in it. If there is such a treaty, then that would make germany occupied for me... again, don't get me wrong, I'm just terribly misinformed probably. But again, it isnt that much of a stretch of the imagination for a misinformed chap to think it could be the case.

Last edited by newt; 11 Jun 2009 at 12:47.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote