Thread: Reading 2007
View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 20:26   #27
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Reading 2007

Bands I saw

Friday
The Pipettes
Little Man Tate
Sparta
King Blues
Gogol Bordello
Frank Turner
Jimmy Eat World
Capdown
Interpol
Kings of Leon
Brand New
Jimmy Eat World (again)

Hmm, where to start. Gogol Bordello were pretty good, although after a couple of songs I got bored of the gypsy punk.
Frank Turner was really good and will look into acquiring some of his stuff.
Kings of Leon were really good but had to leave before the end to go see Brand New who I really liked although they didn't play much of their old stuff which was frustrating.
The few tracks I knew by Capdown were good but the rest not so much.
Jimmy Eat World were probably the highlight of the day - two sets were a bit much though but never mind...

Saturday
Brakes
Does it offend you, yeah?
Ed Byrne
Foals
Pigeon Detectives
Bloc Party
Arcade Fire
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Way too much averageness in the indie tent I have to say. A bit of electronic thrown in which was ok.
Ed Byrne was brilliantly funny.
Bloc Party were better than expected and Arcade fire were pretty good (girl I was with loved them though)
I actually really really liked the Chilli Peppers. The set was full of guitar solo's and bass solo's which I loved and they had to do a lot of improvisation because of vocal problems. I think I was quite awe-struck for most of the set.

Sunday
Simon Amstell
A bit of Billy Talent
A bit of the Used
Some generic Indie band that I can't remember what they were called
Quite a bit of comedy
Jamie T
Nine Inch Nails
Smashing Pumpkins

Simon Amstell was good - there was a lot of heckling which made it more amusing. This was the first point in the weekend where I got to meet ASG (plus friend) after lots of phone calls and texts. Squeezed my way into a very packed tent to find them.
Billy talent was crap and the Used were really awful.
There was more generic indie rubbish, then as it was so bloody hot in the sun we went to the comedy tent as it was less busy and nice and cool. Some good comedians but can't remember their names.
After a couple of average songs by Jamie T I realised that they were the band I absolutely hated when their songs came on the radio. But the girl I was with liked them, so I stayed...
Nine Inch Nails were good, they finished with an amazing slow song (Hurt?)
Smashing Pumpkins were really good too, but would have been better if they'd played more of their old stuff.

Best Bands:
RHCP
Smashing Pumpkins
Brand New
Kings of Leon
Jimmy Eat World

Worst band:
The Used

Biggest Disappointment:
Capdown, but just a lot of the lineup left a lot to be desired

Biggest Surprise
Bloc Party

Quote of the festival
"I'm getting married today because it'll really piss my dad off. We decided this morning! I haven't slept for 36 hours because i've been on pills hehehe" - some 18 yr old girl embodying everything I hate about kids on drugs

I tried meeting up with Kila and Horn but Kila didn't have his phone on and horn refused to leave his tent.

I was generally a bit annoyed that the lineup had so many clashes as I had to miss a lot of the bands I would have liked to see (Hot Hot Heat, Metronomy, Enter Shikari, Eagles of Death Metal, Maximo Park, Jack Pinate, Big D and the Kids Table, The Living End, The Bronx, Mad Caddies, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip and Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly)

I didn't really get that drunk all weekend, and I tried some Herbal Highs which made us all feel ill
There were other 'issues' over the weekend but I won't bore you with the details.
I didn't get any sex and the only hug I got was from some random guy. (although I did have a stunning girl sleeping on my shoulder on saturday night, only because she'd missed her train home, i didn't have a pillow and the girl I was sharing a tent with (her friend) was feeling ill)

Absolutely knackered still. And need food.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!

Last edited by Ste; 28 Aug 2007 at 09:50.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote