Thread: Reading 2007
View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2007, 14:36   #21
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Reading 2007

So, I got back last night.
I really enjoyed it.

Bands I saw

Friday
Bombay Bicycle Club
Cajun Dance Party
Kings of Leon
Razorlight

My favourite band of the day was Kings of Leon, I didn't get a great space in the crowd but I loved them anyway. Razorlight were better than everyone said they would be, my friends left but I moved to the front because I think their music is ok and preferred to watch them than sit in the tent taking drugs. Bombay bicycle club and Cajun dance party were good, I didn't stand in the crowd for the latter so I enjoyed Bombay more.

Saturday
The Shins
Bloc Party
Arcade Fire
Unkle (watched the first song and then left)
about half of RHCP

The shins were fairly nice to sit down and listen to, although I'm not a huge fan but my friends liked them so I went along. I was keen on seeing the pigeon detectives but queued up to charge my phone for an hour and a half before being told that it is closing when I got to the front, I had missed a chunk of pigeon detectives and decided that I'd rather get a good space for Bloc Party (I needed my phone charged so I could get a reference number from it's memory).
Bloc Party were pretty good, I liked them but everyone else seemed disappointed (the only thing that disappointed me was the singer's voice).
Arcade Fire were by far the best band there, we managed to stand near the front/center and had quite a bit of space as there were idiots moshing to their music to our right, we made a circle with our arms around each other's shoulders during intervention. Best live set I've seen.
After Arcade Fire we were all coming up and we were going to see some band called Unkle (according tot heir myspace: Electronica / Experimental / Alternative), basically music that you could really dance to. The first song was quite bad so half of us left to watch 2nd half of the Chillis's set which was pretty bad.

Sunday
Billy Talent
The Maccabees
Davendra Banhart
LCD soundsystem
Part of the Klaxons

Billy Talent was terrible and he talked loads of shit in between the songs.
The Maccabees were fairly good, a bit over-rated.
Davendra Banhart was fairly good, nice to listen to whilst stoned.
LCD soundsystem were very very good.
My friends then went back to the tent and I stayed for Klaxons but got too squashed and couldn't breathe after the first 5 songs so had to leave. They sound like they do on CD and did appear a bit pretentious on stage, nothing special.

Best Bands:
Arcade Fire
Kings of Leon
LCD soundsystem

Worst band:
Billy Talent

Biggest Disappointment:
Red Hot Chillis
Klaxons

Biggest Surprise
Razorlight

Quote of the festival
"The lyrics are so dark but make me so happy" - my friend had just come up during the Arcade Fire and was all over the place

I was in contact with Ste on Thursday and Friday through text and intended to meet him but my battery died and I only got my phone charged on Sunday at around 5 (£5 or wait in the 2 hour queue), was texted and called by horn on Sunday who scared me so I just went to drink lots and was later called by ASG(?) whilst pretty drunk. I didn't get to meet any internet people, sorry

Last edited by _Kila_; 27 Aug 2007 at 15:07.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote