View Single Post
Unread 1 Nov 2012, 16:23   #25
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Re: "Winter Round" Suggestions

I wouldnt mind seeing the following...

4-6 man BP shuffled in with 3-4 randoms. Maybe make galaxies only 8-10 planets big. Each galaxy will be limited to only 4 exiles while each planet can have as many exiles as they want. Yeah its possible a galaxy can be totally screwed over but the chances of that happening I think are small enough. This will hopefully force galaxies/BPs to seriously consider a new or inexperienced player that is active as a good recruit to the galaxy.

Limit clusters to only 3-5 galaxies and hopefully we will have 5-8 clusters. I would like to see cluster wars come back and the -1 eta advantage on ships traveling in-cluster.

If your going to implement alliances limit alliances to only 20-30 planets each max with all counting. Alliances could have a -1 eta advantage so that means if your alliance mate is in the same cluster as you, you would get a -2 eta advantage. So now having a good active cluster and helping every planet in the cluster and being of the same alliance is beneficial.

As already stated use previous round stats that were good/fun with maybe some minor tweaks if needed.

Yeah there are several ways the cluster/alliance eta advantage can be abused. But lets face it, people have played so often that they look for ways to abuse it and gain an advantage instead of playing "fair" and within the "spirit" of the rules. I think Furgion killed the spirit of PA back in r2/3, VVOMM buried it under a deep mountain and FoS is guarding it.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote