View Single Post
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 21:14   #1
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Lets share our views on civ4

After spending more time with this despicable games than it deserves, I´ve reached the following conclusions:

Ok ive been a fan of civilization franchise for about 10 years now. I was trhilled with civilization 2, alpha centauri, and let down with call to power as many of you have. However I have to say that this edition sucked even more.
Reasons:
The world is minuscule. Even when set to the largest size possible, in a matter of 10 minutes you easily found six or seven of them. It is ridiculous, I mean, it took thousands of years for the west come in contact with the east, let alone the americas!

When the time gets to around 300 BC a stupid ammount of barbarians appear out of nowhere. They destroy all improvements around the city, and when they try to enter the city they get whacked due to the city walls and defensive bonuses. Is that going to stop them? Noo!
The waves of barbarians keep appearing and getting whacked for as long as the game lasts, meaning you will get stuck there, becouse if you leave the city, you are going to get whacked, as there are no defensive bonuses. And besides there is no where else to go, considering that in 20 turns the whole world is taken which is quite absurd.
The main reason, i think, is that it isnt quite a turn based game anymore. Its more of a RTS game with pauses. The crowdedness and the silly tiny planet means you are always commanding troops and whatnot. Actually it can be seen as a SIM-TIME, as youre going to build like 5 cities at most and sit there and take care of it...
In short, they made a game for 11-year olds spoiled brats which want to "get into the action" right after slamming the dvd on the computer.
Serious gamers - KEEP AWAY FROM THIS RIPOFF
It is a shame to the franchise. I hope you dont waste your money on this as I did.

Any toughts on that?