View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2009, 12:07   #84
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[B5
Newts idea that most of asc are in it to be in the top alliance and wouldnt want to be in a 2nd tag is disproved by the existence of TOOT THE SUPPORT TAG except that in a scenario of ASC PRIMUS and ASC SECUNDUS the only superiority of tag 1 over tag 2 would be in its name.
Nah man. I shudder to say this - but HK has it spot on in his post, but I'll rephrase in my own words too!

No, I';ll give an example instead which could apply to most non-core in asc. Lets say I was heavily involved in a new 40man bg forming, that was going to play in the asc-spirit - and lots of cool people in it. I know Mitre would join it (ignoring the fact hes quit forever), ricoshay would then probably follow suit too. Others would be tempted away by other "fun" new groups emerging elsewhere. In the current alliance system, there would be no chance in ****ing hell of mitre leaving asc to try out a new certain-to-fail-dull-shit 90man alliance. That applies to a lot of people in asc atm I'd say.

edit: I dont doubt that asc would still be the best (initially) and prolly 20 support planets - but as HK said, the universe woul now probably have 10-15 decent quality alliances. Politics would be more dynamic!

Last edited by newt; 23 May 2009 at 12:16.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote