View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 20:45   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alcohol culture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
It is very much a form of escapism, like going on a holiday. Although I think it can be compared to religion to a certain extent. Sometimes, when people are in desperate situations they turn to God and pray for strength which they then find and can use to help themselves. But because God doesn't exist all they have done is channelled their own strength with a placebo (I think this has something to do with Marxism but I'm not 100% sure). I'm not saying this is always the case but alcohol can be used (like God) as a short-cut to "self-improvement". Likewise, too much dependence on either of these things can be very bad for you. In theory, as we grow as people our dependence on these should decrease and we can achieve the desired state of mind independently.
Marx called religion the opiate of the masses. Personally I prefer going straight to the source and taking the opium but whatever.