View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 15:39   #23
Charjerk

Charjerk is infamous around these parts
Re: Alcohol culture...

Life is hard, nobody can deny that. Running away from yourself with drink and drugs is to romanticise life and things incolved in it, not trying to belive in yourself and reveal your own potential without resorting to those things. Real life does not take romanticising. Live it in a non-sober way as long as you want. But in the end it will always be youhaving to pay a rent, buy food, watch and experience disasters, feel that you could be beter in some ways, endure a shit job, etc etc. Real life hits you like a rock in the end does not matter how long you run away, There is no reincarnation or karma, this life is your only chance. You think you are always changing for the better, thats good. The formation of individuality is a process. But not everybody gets into this process in the first place. Things has to happen to force them and think that something is wrong before starting to look at themselves objectively. Not everyone is like that. I was not talking about people with deep-seated mental problems that require medication. I am talking about the average person who tries to live soberly only through drink and drug. I am talking about an internalised social habit that needs to be questioned by every individual. Every individual is worthy and valuable, but it take time for them to find themselves and there are only two ways you either shape up gradually or ship out gradually. You are what you make of yourself. May be a truism, but it also means that the most difficult thing in this world is to realise and fight against a world that is trying to make you a carbon copy. Be realistic, do, think and ask for the impossible. There is nothing romantic about these things. If one is courageous enough to force his body's level of alcohol/ drug intake, he should be courageous enough to ask these questions.

Realists do not fear the results of their study - Dostoyevsky

Last edited by Charjerk; 2 Jan 2006 at 15:54.
Charjerk is offline   Reply With Quote