View Single Post
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 23:34   #8
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The old new car old car routine

Quote:
you have towards how much do cars last, and the kind of money involved in maintaining a crap car ( like a 70HP 1.0) and a good car (125HP 1.8).
I had a 50hp 1.0litre Polo. I thrashed the engine and gave it hell. On average per year it would cost several hundred pounds once the warrenty had run out to replace things like pads/tyres/new tax/suspension problem etc etc.

I could run it for less than 20 quid a week if i wasnt travelling huge distances. It would do around 110miles on windy roads using about 1/4 of a tank (and it was a small tank). It could travel nearly 200 on the same amount on motorways.

My current car is considerably more powerful and has a much much larger engine (2.5litre 218hp) It costs 50-55 quid to fill it up and thats at least once a week. Parts are about the same cost but labour is considerably more expensive. If things go wrong (and theres more things to go wrong on higher spec and bigger cars) it will become expensive once the warrenty is out. Infact im dreading the warrenty running out.

More powerful car will also presumably have larger wheels on it. That means more expensive tyres and brake pads.

Its pretty simple tbh.

If you do a great deal of mileage get the younger car as its parts (not just the engine) will have had less wear and tear.

If you do bugger all in the way of miles then get the higher spec car and enjoy it.

However if the newer car is a Fiat Panda and the older car is a VW golf then youd be pretty stupid not to choose the VW.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote