View Single Post
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:35   #35
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: r32 ship-stat suggestions

I like the current stats. Making a new set of stats generally results in unbalance and so it also did this round. I think they are a good basis for the next round.

This set has some changes compared to other rounds:

1. Terrans lost one of their special traits: their high emp resistance. (Cath fi having better emp resistance than Ter Co?!) They got nothing back for it. I think Terrans need their emp resistance improved or get another improvement.

2. Cathaar got kill ships in their attack fleet to scare off defence, making it easier for them to land attacks. This is a change I did like. Make the Scorpion target De/Fr/Co and change the Mantis then to target Cr/Bs/De.

3. Cathaar got slightly higher emp efficiencies than usual. This wasn't necessary since they got (2). So nerf them a bit.

4. The change in salvage weakened especially Zikonians. I'm not sure they really are all that weak. Maybe increase salvage a little bit again. I didn't really dislike lower salvage though.

5. Another change was the extra podclasses. It worked allright. Not sure Etd really needed Fr and De pods, since i often saw them attack with Fr+De.

The main work that has to be done is the emp efficiencies and resistance. This was really done poorly imo.

Last edited by Gerbie2; 23 May 2009 at 21:55. Reason: better
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote