View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 12:38   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Insomnia - The Farewell

As another round is ending, I want to take the oppertunity to thank you all on behalf of myself and Insomnia!
Enemies, friends and randoms! You've all made our time in Planetarion very enjoyable! It is with great sorrow, and yet great relief, that I announce that Insomnia will be no more.

When I founded Insomnia in round 10.5 I had a dream to make an alliance that were laidback, friendly and humours, yet skilled, dedicated and effective.
I am proud to have achieved that. Never have so many friendly alcoholics, drugaddicts, gamblers and Sebos been gathered in one alliance! We had some impact on the game most of the rounds we played, and I like to think that we gave something back to the community by always taking in new faces and teaching them how to combine alcohol with Planetarion! Infact, theres a huge amount of players around still that has been in Insomnia at some point. It makes me glad when they do well.

So for this round I managed to get back some of the really old core, and a bunch from the glorious rounds(round 17? when we actually did finnish a round, and a decent one aswell) and some new faces. Our only aim was to have fun!

Some of theese guys have been fighting loyally along my side for 7 years(!) and more, never ever questoning my emo rages, my drunken war declarations or my decisions in general. I am proud to have played along such usless and pathetic men!

As some of you might already know, Insomnia was back this round just as a reunion. One last go at this game together! The round has been okay for us. We haven't had a very strict round. People have played as active as they can. However, with a semi active round, enough beer stockpiled for 7 weeks and unstable politics, we did well.

The original HC of Insomnia was myself, Bee, mulan, Killerbij and InTguRu. Since then, there has been ALOT of people helping me out with tech, HCing, DCing etc. I can't even start mentioning names! I just want to thank you all Smile
We have been on and off for alot of rounds, disbanded I think atleast 3 times, lost a few wars and crashed alot of fleets. Nevertheless, I am happy. I have few regrets, and I had alot of fun!

Also, there is one guy that does need mentioning. Although theres been alot of people helping out, I could not have done Insomnia without Mek. He has been there to help me when I was too drunk, pour beer into me when I was to sober and in general pulling some weight off my shoulders. If he hadnt been around, I would not have been able to run Insomnia. Thankyou Mek you hairy f**k!

Although some parts of me wants Insomnia to go on, I have come to realize that the amount of time and dedication I have to put into it to make it work just aint worth it anymore. I might be around myself for some fall/winter rounds, but Insomnia will cease to exist as an alliance once this round ends.

So on behalf of everyone that has been Insomnia, and to everyone that has been Insomnia, the universe, God, Mom, Spinner and the rest of you!

Goodluck and Farewell o/

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote