View Single Post
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 15:50   #20
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: No rascims in the U.S.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
You are right that its not racism when a black guy gets beaten up by the police every time. Surely the police in america is filled with idiots, just like any other place in the world.
I hate to Fox News this, but while it's true that cops are always killing black people with no probable cause whatsoever, they are also killing white people under similar conditions. The town I grew up in was ~120% white people (upscale too), and we still had police killing unarmed people on an irregular basis. Wife gets in a loud fight with husband (I WANT THE PORSCHE ON TUESDAY!), neighbors call cops, cops show up, husband runs around screaming and appears to be reaching for the knives (though arguably hard to tell because the pepper spray had probably blinded him) so the police have no choice but to shoot him.

I've never seen real statistics comparing cops killing unarmed whites to cops killing unarmed blacks, so I can't make a real statement, but I don't see how anyone else can either.

I'm not really sure how to end this post. Either
A) Bottom line to me, any anecdotal evidence about anything is shit. I got a forwarded e-mail the other day, and guess what? Someone didn't forward it to ten people once, and got leukemia the next day and died. therefore it's clearly a magic e-mail.

B) I remember hearing about a psyche experiment at Stanford. Students played prisoners and guards for an extended period of time, and soon the whole thing went terribly awry. I think they started eating each other or something, I dunno; can't be bothered with the details. The point is, outside of prison police are the guards (authority figures entitled to the use of force) and we are the prisoners.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote