View Single Post
Unread 21 Sep 2010, 19:41   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Medicinal Marijuana

A few years ago the State of California passed the "Compassionate Marijuana Use" initiative. It made it leagal, as far as the Great State of California was concerned, for individuals with a serious illness which could be helped, or the suffering caused by it alleviated, to possess and consume marijuana if such were prescribed by their doctor.

Not surprisingly, this led to many doctors prescribing marijuana for the use of anyone who came into their office and gave them any glimmer of a reason for wanting it. Thus it is now leagal for virtually any citizen to obtain marijuana legally in the state of California.

In November, the citizens of California will vote on whether or not to fully legalize possession and use of marijuana in the state. I am not clear what the status the law proposes for selling marijuana. This probably will, and in view of the current state of events, should pass.

Again, not surprisingly, the use of marijuana has jumped in California, though I don't know how they have calculated this "jump." Interestingly, the use of methamphetamines has also "jumped" similarly though its use, possession and sale are still forbidden.

It raises interesting conjectures. Is marijuana use up because of its semi-legalization? Is meth use up because marijuana use is up? Is mariuana use up because meth use is up? Are they totally unrelated? Does anyone really care?

What I have found facinating has been the attitude of politicians at the state and local level. Even some social conservatives are embracing the legalization of marijuana. The reason? Because taxing the sale of marijuana plus licensing fees for growers and sellers will add a large revenue stream for said politicians.

They are talking about having a 25% sales tax on it.

Since conservatives are supposed to be for smaller, more restricted government with fewer and smaller taxes, it is very amusing to watch many of them planning taxes and how to spend more money.

Liberals profess to be greatly concerned with the health of the population and have led the fight against tobacco smoking, against trans-fat foods, childhood obesity, etc. However, they don't seem to have any concern about the effects of additional consumption of a product which is smoked and by all reports causes people to engage in rather odd eating habits.

The only group which seems to be consistent are the libertarians who just want government to leave them alone and let them do whatever they please.

Sometimes I think that life is going out of its way to keep me amused.