Thread: Ffs
View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2007, 22:13   #71
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Ffs

Tony here.

Sigh I just finished this exact same argument on another forum, didnt think I'd find it being argued here with the same fcking arguments.

What have the lawful and innocent masses done to deserve being strippped of their current rights?

-----

Which part of the US is it that we have a similar culture and society as btw? I have seen this statement before and I dont see it, hell there are parts of the US that have massive differences from each other, for example say Texas and California or Oregon/Newyork. An island nation of 57 million cannot easily be compared with a sprawling continental country of near 300 million which consists 50 partly autonomous states (every single one of which is larger than our fair isle I believe) .

We do not have vast swathes of land still untamed and sparsely inhabited by humans but filled with things that would happilly take a bite or swipe at a passing human (wether he be hunter,climber or hill walker) . By that same geographic quirk we also have nothing to actually hunt wether for meat or sport. Nor can we match their sheer population density in their major urban centres.

We may speak the same language and similar outlooks on life but we are not the same culture or society and to say we are is foolishness.

Why are you being so emotive on this topic yahwe? Can you not argue this is a sensible and rational manner? Even you must see that the odds of being killed by a random psycho massacre are pretty damn low?

If 15,000 each yeah are killed by gunfire (this includes gang violence and justified shootings, IE self defence by citizens) for a population of 250,000,000, you a 1 in 16,666 chance of being killed, less if your not a criminal too I imagine.

When you bear in mind that there are an estimated 80,000,000 legal gun owners in the US, roughly 1/3 the population those odds dont seem quite as bad as some would have you think.

D.C gun ban struck down
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4543337&EDATE=

and It looks like things are rolling towards a conclusion on the 2nd ammendment 'militia' issue

/edit who is that didnt die because they were not shot? You seem to be claiming that you have sort of precient vision regarding those who would have died if had guns where not banned? What about the ones who have died anyway, perhaps they would have lived?

Dont you think its better to strictly enforce existing laws (Dont murder, dont rape, dont steal,...these are not polite suggestions) rather than bind the hands of the law abiding even more tightly?

In my sleep I grind my teeth.

Last edited by Sarina_Joy; 30 Apr 2007 at 22:22.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote