View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2008, 21:37   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Meeting your heroes

Today i did just that.

I'm a very big fan of the books of Iain M. Banks (i consider him to prolly be the best sci-fi writer around) so when the opportunity to meet him came up i decided to take it.

There's a 'festival' in Glasgow called 'Aye Write'. Anyway Banks was speaking at it tonight with Ken MacLeod so i bought a ticket for me and one for the burd and went along.

In short banks came across as something of a smart arse (<Interviewer> Do you think writing's important in school? <Banks> Yeah, definitely. Especially when it comes to exam time. They're not big on people miming their answers.) but my kind of smart arse so it was all good.

Question and answer was also good. I have aspirations to be a writer so got some insight into the writing processes of both authors.

I didn't bother getting any of my books signed by him because why would i want to deface any of them. I also didn't have a nice bon mot lined up for the 'making small talk' bit. Would quite like to go for a pint with him though.

Anyway, have any of you guys met your hero? How did it go? Did they live up to your expectations?