View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2008, 18:54   #23
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Higher Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Assume etc... etc...

As previously mentioned though, the maths is somethign fo a problem, although I have been studying statistics as part of this course so I wouldn't be going into it completely from scratch. On this train of thought, I would very much like to build upon this knowledge I now have and make it into something I can apply rather than completely forgetting by October.

edit: the fact this is a voluntary choice also makes the difference. Being forced to do something isn't particularly inspiring.
If so many people have had to make assumptions maybe your original post should have been clearer :P

Most of the maths I had to do at undergrad was more pure rather than statistical so I'm not sure how much use that would even be. I mean I am guessing you can't do the two items I mentioned in my last post, and while they aren't difficult the A level is much harder, then undergraduate was significantly harder again. If you are then trying to work while doing the course it will be even more difficult trying to learn all the basic maths and economics which you have missed out on, while doing the next stage.

http://www.ems.bbk.ac.uk/courses/msc...ammes/msc_econ

They want a 1 year diploma course first as well, though that is easier to get in that anywhere else I looked.