View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 02:18   #19
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Proof Tony is a Tory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Well BBC radio is state funded and its whole rationale for existing is that it should be outside market forces - the fact that music is popular doesnt mean the BBC should play it, otherwise you'd be listening to Britney Speares on BBC 2.. When the radio station is funded by the government, I dont see why theres a problem with the government commenting on what it should play. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into things here, but I would have reacted differently if he were complaining about a private radio station, or internet radio, or anything else that wasnt state apparatus.

There are stations in London which pretty much only play hiphop and R&B, so the fact hes singled out the BBC in particular suggests that it could be because its a government radio station.
That's certainly one way of looking at it, but looking at the context I don't think that was the way he meant it. Instead I think that he used Radio 1 as an example of all radio stations who play hip-hop and similarly-orientated music.