View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2007, 18:16   #37
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Answer a quick questionnaire for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
As Gate has said many times he is looking for the reaction of people when presented with these obviously absurd and leading questions. This would be useful, for example, in determining a correct marketing strategy for the Hippies to adopt when they are trying to push their poisonous tofu-laced products down our throats.
And this is why the survey is set up as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Clearly this condescending and somewhat biased route is not the one to choose as it seems, irrespective of the facts*, prone to causing anti-vegetarian sentiment in the target audience.
Which is why I think (hope) it's obvious that the questionnaire itself is not a propaganda piece. For the audience on this site at least, I would expect it to yield a negative reaction;

It is, however, giving useful results. For example; Daily Mail readers appear to be slightly more concerned with personal health & financial impacts than respondants on this site; but are slightly less concerned with social & environmental issues.

Evidence from this response group indicates Maddox' 'for every animal you don't eat I'm going to eat 3' may not only be funny, but also insightful. The animal rights argument affects very few respondants, but generally affects them strongly; either positively or negatively.

This evidence suggests that the traditional vegetarian strategy of campaigning on animal rights isn't just something that's annoying, but is also likely to be ineffective.

A useful finding, thanks to those of you who responded.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote