View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2011, 02:34   #283
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: PT 403, ND Stands Alone.

I've seen alliances where 1 person had total and complete control, 1up for example, the HC pretty much handled whatever needed to be handled, for me, that was the attack department... but even though it was my job while I was there to sort attacks nightly.. Sid gave me a target list, or atleast a direction in most cases, there were times where he'd say "you know what to hit" as well.. but Sid ran his alliance. Sid put the marching orders out, and made decisions politically. Sid did however throw things up and start discussions, so even though he had final say, he always listened to opinions privately in the HC channel.

Then there is your alliance where everything pretty much had to be voted on by the entire HC.. my first ever PA alliance was like that, ND was also like that when I HC'd there. It has it's advantages as well, as everyone has their say....however... things take FOREVER to get sorted when you have to hunt down 5-7 people, and get them all in one place to have a discussion. This isn't quite so bad if the entire HC is ultra active.

Then theirs CT. We've tried it a few different ways.... in the beginning, Germania and I pretty much handled politics, we discussed everything, then went with it. Since GM's arrival, and especially when I deployed and he pretty much took over Operations, he has handled all things political for a lot of CT's later rounds, including working his ass off this round, SD has also been a huge help politically, but with this HC, because we are ultra active, we have had a lot of success discussing things and planning a basic direction politically, then GM/SD have taken the steering wheel and driven the bus. There are a lot of ways to do things, some work, some don't, so I suppose it's all about what works for you.

I'm not going to go into any detail about my personal points of view about this rounds politics, yet.. as it still hasn't all played out, and I don't see a point in slamming anyone, or puffing anyone up... yet.. guess we'll see. Arguing about this rounds politics before it's all played out doesn't make very much sense to me, as the jury is still out.