View Single Post
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 00:20   #38
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Alliances and Fortress galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
We do not do politics. We hit when we want who we want. We had a total of about 7/8 possible targets as an alliance.
Our decisions weren't made on where Asc was and where not. It was that they were too big for us to hit and with the amount of fleets we have per night we could not even send 2 waves per planet.
WHAT!!! If u dont care if its a heavily asc gal then fortresses make no difference to U as a little alliance Y did u post that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
Fortress galaxies are not suited for attack by any alliance under top6 and a top 6 alliance who will attack will know it is in war directly
either one or the other is true for you, if the former than my initial reposte was correct, if the latter then what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
Look, to you the idea of a fortress gal does not matter. For us it does. You have a perception, I have a perception. A consequence of being a fortress is imo that ingal defence and such is better. Maybe because you were a slacky gal I didnt count you as a fortress.
It seems to me U have a different idea of a fortress altogether then, one which the term fortress actually fits better but which has nothing to do with alliance affiliations; one that says that a well organized gal is a fortress, in the literal sense of the term i cant fault you, but well organised gals are not a new phenomenon or necessarily a uniform single alliance entity. However this is not Fortress as it is meant in this thread which is a galaxy with an unusually high concentration of planets of one alliance. It may be a shoddy and ramshakle example but 11 1 meets the latter criteria (but not the former).
Thus you are essentially saying you avoid a well organised gal, certainly quite wise imo. I was originally taking you to task for saying that the strong political affiliation of a 'fortress' galaxy would result in little incomings because of fear of political consequences by pointing out you ignored your own dictum by hitting a strongly politically affiliated gal several times. Note the lack of reaction also tells against your initial argument of fear of a political kickback. Whether 11 1 is a strong gal is therefore irrelevent, indeed the weakness of 11 1 makes it a far better test for that particular argument than say 2 10 who would not be hit due to their organization as well as their politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Is this round enough evidence to show allies that shoving a lot of your members into a single gal is a good idea?
Conclusion: Fortress Galaxies (in the new sense of being stacked with one alliance) do not necessarily result in anything detrimental to small alliances; nor does it per-se result in a better gal rather it is the fact that they are usually better organised (as a result of greater willingness to make sacrifices for ally mates, ingal DCs efficiently allocating resources etc) that results in their strong showing.

The political and the organisational aspects are two separate and independent things.