View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:25   #21
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
Re: The Ultimate Combat Arena

With the finesse of a wounded goat Heiro thrashes around in Bakans grasp. The image wasn’t pleasant, huge holes torn into his chest and head, one arm AWOL and probably waiting to ambush him in the respawner. He’d always known it was a tricky bugger, but some things never learn. With the speed of a philosopher contemplating the secrets of the universe, Heiro passes on into the next world, before which, his spirit is dragged along what feels not too much unlike broken glass and into the respawner matrix. His body however, dropped from bakans grip as a shower of petals.

Damn this for a game of soldiers. I know when my body needs some work. Bastard mortal wounds, always bringing the occasion do..”wn. I can’t manage anything these days. Crap. I’m alive again.”

Looking forlornly at his arm, Heiro sighs. Bowing his head, he mutters a few distinct incantations and his body shimmers from the borrowed volume it presently occupied. The feeling of apparition never was a pleasant one, but at least it was a successful escape.

And borrowed volume it was. In the place of Heiro an average height woman of a rather cumbersome build appears. She is wearing midnight black biker leathers, the left arm cut off at the shoulder. Above her shoulders stands a fairly pretty face, with mousy curly hair hanging down to her mid back. The only remarkable thing about it is the eyes, an icy pale blue. Reaching to her hip she draws the SITES M9, also black and raises it in her left hand. As she completes her grip on the weapon, her fingers seem to bond with the device and sink into it somehow. This is confirmed when a network of tattoos along her exposed left arm come into existence. Flicking her aim over to David, she opens her mouth to speak. Before she can however, rounds from the machine gun in front of David flare in her direction. Her legs bend and her combat programs kick in. The leather of her biker suit tears from the knees down the outside and she leaps into the air, having lowered the gravity and leaped into the stream. She sails easily over the barrage and lands, with a serenely graceful step on the end of Davids gun. Light as a feather switches to heavier than her size and she drops down on the end of the weapon which naturally tears itself from Davids grip, spinning and twisting in the air before landing in a clatter beside her. Pushing her pistol forward, she cuffs him in the side of the head and shoots him in the leg with a blindingly quick shot.

“Analysis complete. New targets, await momentary arrival. Defense systems activate at 10% level.”

For a second, black circles flare in her eyes and she turns back to david, shooting him twice wore in the chest and once in the other leg, exposing the word lucky in a deep grey on her back…