View Single Post
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 22:47   #128
Synthetic-Rose
Phoenix of Your Heart

Synthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to beholdSynthetic-Rose is a splendid one to behold
Re: OK GD people, which book are you reading now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The second book in series chronology, but the first book in real life chronology. The Magician's Nephew requires really the reading of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to make much sense, similar to most prequels.
Actually, I read The Magician's Nephew first, and it helped me understand things such as how the professer knew that Narnia was real, how the witch came to be in Narnia, and where the wardrobe came from later on in the next, (or first, depending on who you ask,) book, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I prefer the chronological order, and I find that though the stories are written for a child, I admire the way religion is woven throughout them in a way that an adult can appreciate. Though very simple, the lessons and deeper meanings to each book make them quite delightful, to me at least.

Did you know that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, (sp? oh, I hope not!) belonged to the same book club, and bounced ideas for their books off of one another? I thought that was really interesting...