View Single Post
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 20:17   #105
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OK GD people, which book are you reading now?

I'm currently reading 2 books, which is unusual for me, I don't normally go above 1.

I was reading three until a couple of weeks ago when i finished The Master of Go. It was pretty good, but not amazing. It's possibly the only book I've read that has won the nobel prize though.

atm I'm still reading Tess of the D'Urbervilles, which is really good. I'm enjoying it more for the pictures of scenery and life it paints than the plot itself though, although that is becoming more interesting (I'm only about 1/3 of the way through).

I'm also attempting to read Gravity's Rainbow. Which is er, really really hard. It would be difficult to describe exactly how it is, but a lot of it is to do with the way which Pynchon weaves the narratives together without fully explaining any of them, jumps from natural to supernatural without so much as a by your leave, and writes in a style which seems to pay more attention to the beauty of the language than the cohesion of it. It's a mission, believe me on this

Nevertheless, I'm trying to work through it and attempting to appreciate it for what it is, but I haven't really read anything like this before (the closest is probably Joyce, but that's not particularly similar) so it's very heavy going. I hope the effort will improve me though.

One day I'll finish it, it's mostly due to the difficulty of this book that I have been reading others.