View Single Post
Unread 24 Dec 2003, 00:44   #1
__cLowN_pAiNt__

__cLowN_pAiNt__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Want to program a game...

Me and my friend are hoping to make an online multiplayer rpg game in a couple of years, but we are having trouble deciding what language to get into before we start getting books on the subject. To be honest we dont know a lot about programming, i know a tiny bit of visual basic but i dont really want to get into visual basic as its not cross platform.

How long would it take to learn C# and be writing our own game engines for an online multiplayer rpg?

Obviously there is no straight forward answer here, we would just like a rough estimate to know if its worth trying or not, and i realise c# will have many more advantages to knowing it after the project. Our other option is to make it a shockwave game, and learn lingo, the shockwave programming language. It has lots of options for 3d stuff, but is it really powerful enough to make a big game like this in?

If anyone here has any knowledge of lingo and what it can do we would appreciate a response, even if you dont know anything about lingo, i would like to know how complex c# would be for us, two intelligent 14-15 year olds.. lol

yes, young, but we have the inspiration to keep us at it.
__cLowN_pAiNt__ is offline   Reply With Quote