Thread: Student Loans
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 18:39   #5
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Student Loans

It's the start of a slippery slope. I predict that the government will need to give more incentives and flexibility to the private companies to take up these contracts after a while. These will probably entail an increase in interest rates and change in payback times, probably annulling some of the conditions where one does not have to pay it back at present, along with exposing eighteen year olds to the relative harshness of private companies. I can see a market and choice for students, which would be fine if it weren't for Michel's Iron Law of Oligarchy.

This is also a plus for the government because it slowly distances them from the problem of students amassing enormous amounts of debt and being put off university because of that, regulated or not.

Society and its representatives should actually use the university system to increase the education levels of society's middle ground (i.e. not just the elite who run the country, who have enough money anyway), not just make money off them. It's obviously not so diametrical; however this is a clear win for the latter.

Last edited by Hebdomad; 11 Jul 2007 at 18:45.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote