View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 01:33   #1
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough
Wolfpack - The end of an era

"I tried to edit this post - but eventually gave up tbh, as it pains me to much.. I figured no matter how many times I edit this, and try to rewrite and make it look better and more professional.. it's a useless battle. It's a sad post regardless! So pardon my typos and what not.. - The bottom land still stands!"

I regret to announce, that this is the end!

After a lot of thinking and discussion within the deep caves of Wolfpack, we have finally reached a decision.

As much as this saddens me..

The time has come to put this old wolf to rest....

As of today 14th of August 2005, Wolfpack will cease to exist!
In tick 555 we are officially disbanded.

I don't think I've ever been this anxious to write a post in my life
This has really gotten to me, and I've been depressed for days.

Wolfpack has been my life for 5 years now!

I started playing Planetarion back in r1 and was in galaxy 1:2 as a MoD.
I joined WPO towards the end of r5 trying to be an anonymous peon, and just play for my galaxy -= The BeerGods =-. I was really tired back then and a bit fed up after having just ended my career as a HC/Executive in ViruS.
In WPO one night I started helping out with some defence calls, and arranging retals.
I believe it was adastra who was an officer at the time, took notice of it and put in a good word about me to HC. The next day Heru promoted me to BC, and within a couple of weeks I was made senior BC, and shortly after I was made Head of Military and taken into HC and part of what was to become a great adventure!

I won’t go into more details here – mainly because it would be to long, and because I don’t have time really to write it all in one night!

However I promise to write down the entire history of Wolfpack one day, with the help of my fellow HC’s. The ones of today and the past. Perhaps even Biggdog or any of the other old HC’s would like to contribute aswell so we could stitch it all together; both the Wolfpack of r3-r5 and WPO and Wolfpack of r6 until today which is the part I know the best.

I looked at our current website and alliance system today, and went through some impressive numbers. Since Chriso our Tech God!!, who coded our new Wolfpack site and services for r8 - our r5 birthday. ? We have hosted 1377 members (looks almost like 1337 )since Chriso made the first user account on this system at 08:49:03 27th of May in the year 2002.

These numbers does not include the 300 members we had in Round 7 nor the massive 600-member group we had in Round 6 !! Not to mention round 3, 4, 5…
Some of these members might be counted twice, but we are speaking of about 2000 members that has been part of the Wolfpack family!

No other alliance have had anywhere near the massive member base that we have had, trained and supported over the last 5 years!!!

Wolfpack has been part of HUGE wars, leading 3-4 dozen battle groups and wings and fought in a dozen block wars.
Winning, loosing and coming DAMN close to a victory a couple of more times

We have had great allies and friends in this game, and also incredible enemies.
I consider almost all of them my friends still to this day, may they be friends or foes.

Very, very short summary of the time under my command in Wolfpack:

Round 6 - The Brotherhood, with our close and dear allies at the time NoS. – We even won the round – honourable mention goes out to FoS aswell, our powerblock!
Round 7 – NEWX (NoS, Elysium, Wolfpack, Xanadu), the all so feared super block that was countered and killed by no less than 10 alliances!
Round 8 – WoE (Wolfpack and Elysium, aka The Wolves of Elysium), impressive underdogs who grew very strong while building up in secret.. Had the round lasted longer, could it have turned differently ?
Round 9 – WEET (Wolfpack, Elysium, Eclipse, ToT), post impressive and effective block ever I think, slaying VVOMM fast with NAHR, and later also dealing with NAHR way to quickly, leading to the clash of the super powers WE vs ET – a ridiculous war , lol .. we lost while I was in exams fs! Not to mention being owned by admins. ?
Round 9.5 – LDK/Dragons(having left WP from their original BG form) power play ahoy! They won easily.. WP took rank #3 (I was in Spain, studying - advisor)
Round 10 – WP rank #3 (I was in Spain, studying - advisor)
Round 10.5 – WP took rank #3 (I was in Spain, studying - advisor)
Round 11 – WP’s poorest round to this day, finishing 8th (I was in Spain, returned later on)
Round 12 – WP rebuilds and finishes rank #5 and #2 on roids!!
Round 13 – Flying start!! After having won speed round and beta, we enter the round at #1 in tick 1 by FAR! And we keep that lead for about 800 ticks straight dominating strongly, seeming almost untouchable! We loose it 1 night when attacked by the universe, but retake the #1 position and keep it until tick 1000+
Round 14 –

I believe we have made quite an impact on the game throughout the time of our existence.

Some points we considered before reaching this decision

- Since about the end of last round we've lost a good fraction of our core, venturing a guess between 30-60%.
- From our current performance, we're hurting our members more than helping them.
- The HC simply don't have enough time to rebuild everything.
- None of us really has the time anymore it takes to run an alliance properly like we used to. Trying to keep it alive at any cost only hurts our members more than it helps them.

Current HC situation = Rabba, Darky, NitinA and Catwoman are all to busy with full time work, while m0shy has been ill and Excalibur is in for surgery soon, and so is Vargon. Cavalier has been busy almost the entire round.

I honestly can’t give any more time than I am doing already, and the rest of the HC feels the same.

I would like to think we will be back one day.
Who knows…

The community value of planetarion is enormous!
That is what it is really about!
Making friends around the globe!
I find it remarkable, and a huge privilege to have gotten to know so many interesting people in this game!
I'm very grateful for the opportunity given to me, getting to know all these people.

Anyone had a past girlfriend who never could understand this thing called Planetarion?
“You all get together on IRC and discuss numbers and stuff, and agree to all come back in the middle of the night to attack together?”
"Why on earth does he jump out of bed butt naked while the alarm clock goes off at 04:55 and run towards the computer???"
"Scan what??!??"

So long, and thanks for all the roids!

Humble Regards

Rabba
On behalf of Wolfpack HC
Darky, Catwoman, Cavalier, Nitina, Excalibur, M0shy , Vargon and myself

P.S pardon me if it looks messy, but I simply have to get it posted.. no matter how it looks..
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote