View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 10:03   #44
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough
Re: Why I hate F-Crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Maybe someone from F-Crew could clarify one thing to me, how many of their players return the following round?
I'd say about 50%.

I think the difference in F-Crew is the level of players that we're willing to take in. I'd imagine (although don't know for certain) that perceived bigger alliances wouldn't take first-time players in without vouches about their activity, and wouldn't take players who were trying the game out for the first time and not sure if they want to stay in the game. I think what F-Crew has benefited from is that a lot of people see them as an alliance that takes in smaller/noobish players, and we get a lot of referrals from gals telling new galmates that.

This worked a lot better when PA had a lot more players than it has now, I suppose. There's enough of a trickle of new players still coming though for me to say that I think about 20% of our recruitment is people playing their first round or people who have never been in an alliance. Especially with the number of people who came back after playing "old" style PA (particularly last round) we also teach people the intricacies of "new" PA.