View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:41   #22
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts
Re: Prizes for Top Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
Interesting suggestion that definitely triggers the right sorts of conversations about more tangible presence flowing between rounds.

I think it's right to give people a reason to care about those ranks, but not to give the winners an edge. The edge is laughingly small based on the above, but in PA these tiny variables can be capitalized into some momentum.

I'd be more interested in seeing some form of cross-round ranking or hall of fame, either based on all rounds from X point or based on the last 5 rounds akin to the coefficient used in Champions League seeding.

It seems madness that we have all the data, but we aren't using it to provide motivation to play across rounds and not do some last week dramatic crash.
Agreed about the hall of fame, that's a good thing to have.

However, I disagree about the first part of your post. Most of those tiny variables can be compensated with a bit more activity and dedication, don't think any of these bonuses would somewhat give a player a real advantage over the others. They key is to keep the players motivated and to aim higher. Too many people end top 20 and feel disappointed because they were way behind the top 3, I don't think that's right. They deserve a recognition too. Same goes for best scanners and covoppers. We just tend to ignore their efforts. The best they can hope for is a mention at EoRC.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn