Thread: Internet forums
View Single Post
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 17:33   #122
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Internet forums

I only decided to post this because it seems like a reasonably important issue and one which keeps popping up and which people can't get over for some reason. It just really pains me to see people at each other's throats for no reason.

First, people need to tolerate each other a lot more. Actually, that's not true. They need to understand each other first. I was here for donkey's years (often as a mod, which did not, in the day, particularly lend itself to 'getting on' with people) and I was on friendly terms with plenty of people who mutually loathed each other, for reasons which I never really understood. I've never really had a grudge against anyone on here or invested the amount of bile which some people seem to sling at each other. It's silly.

My life is just too irregular at the moment to be able to post on either board, (Don't want to bore you with the details, but I have enough trouble just supporting myself, two years after leaving uni I still don't have a job, I was pretty much hooked on coke for a while, I have to look after my dad who is disabled etc.), but if I did, I wouldn't regularly post on either forum anymore. My life has just moved on from this. I don't mean that in a condescending way - quite the opposite. This community was an important part of my life for many years and I still very much appreciate the time I spent here. But I just don't feel the same attachment that I once did. There are more important things for me now, probably the same for many people, I expect. None of you live around here either, which doesn't really help in keeping my 'connected', I expect.

I was pretty foolish myself about a lot of this for a while, and I still think that PB was kind of childish in it's inception - there seemed to be quite a bit of 'getting on over' on certain people on GD which I couldn't really understand. But I don't hold that against people who use PB because it seems to work for them, and the same for people who use GD. I used to feel that PB was too 'low-brow' and that GD had become too 'high-brow', but that is really a symptom of there not being enough users in both to sustain a lot of variety. People just have to stop considering themselves 'PB' or 'GD' and get back some of that old community spirit which was so invigourating back in 'the day'. People should feel free to post on one board or the other without being dragged into defending that. They should, ideally, post on both, but obviously that can't happen in many cases.

Anyway, that is what I have to say. Take it or leave it. I had written a slightly better, more coherent reply earlier, but my browser torched that one. Oh well. I just hope you can resolve this and that people don't stop talking to each other over it. Stop the player hating. Anyway. All my love to all of you. xxxxx

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 1 Jun 2007 at 18:24.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote