View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2007, 11:40   #34
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future
Re: Pathetic Ambitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Theres a very important distinction between having ambitions which would have the effect of you rising above your friends, and wanting to rise above your friends. If someone's major ambition is just to be better than those around them then yeah, I'd say thats pretty sad.
As a person who has no real ambitions (except the winning the lottery or marrying a supermodel that's faithful and have kids that listen to everything I say and never get into trouble) I can't really make that distinction. I'm not gonna claim that on some level my wish to marry a supermodel has nothing to do with having a hotter wife than my friends, since the whole "essence of being" kind of turns around comparing what you have with what other people around you have.
You can't really feel good about yourself if everybody around you has everything better than you, right?

Not sure if I can get accross what I'm trying to say here..
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote