View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 21:50   #7
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough
Re: Help with a climate presentation please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
Now as i have such a short time to gather research im wondering if anyone on GD can help me by posting any useful links for anything related or give me any tips on how to deliver the presentation as ive never done a real one before.
Relate it to how they can make a change, for example switching lights off and all that b*llocks

I would not think that going in too heavy with facts would help as they would lose interest. Perhaps things like "when you are 30 the price of gas will have tripled" (which it probably will!)

When i do presentations at work (slightly different target audience but what the hey!) I always try and do an icebreaker exercise. Its very cliched but it does relax your audience and encourages them to participate. The worst thing is when you get to the end of the show and there are no Questions. That would mean that you have either covered of EVERYTHING there is to know about global warming, or that they simply arent interested.

I try(!) and do this by taking lots of different topics, doing the prep on them and only scratching the surface, leaving a lot of room for questions on the subject.

So you could talk a little about:

Fuel usage
Effects on the environment
Social responsibilities
Corporate responsibilities (an area which i feel needs a lot more focus)
New research and ideas/initiatives
etc etc

And let the audience develop the most interesting areas.

Please dont quote me on any of this as i am simply rambling from experience and i know little of the facts.

Good luck!

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote