Thread: The Environment
View Single Post
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 16:23   #20
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Environment

I cant remember where i heard it but it does do more damage to the enviroment if you recycle paper. It may not be apparant now but when all those chemicals used to bleach and treat the old paper have been lieing around for a few years we will see the damge it will cause.
The other types of recyling do aid the enviroment but at the moment with our way of recyling the paper it is more harmful.

As for trees creating oxygen, really old trees use more oxygen than actually created. The majority of oxygen is created by algae and other plant life in the oceans, not trees.

I have a compost heap (kinda) in the back garden where we put stuff like grass cuttings and anything plant waste. I recycle tins and cans, the plastic recycling hasnt been introduced into my area yet otherwise i would probably do that aswell. I just dont recycle paper.