Thread: The Environment
View Single Post
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:19   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Environment

I am going to be honest, I have turned into a clost environmentalist. I am not quite sure what has done it. But my mind is made up, I do believe in Global Warming and I will try and do my bit.

I say this for a few reasons. Firstly my mum lives in a place where they started off trialling but then implementing recycling. Instead of the bin bags, or even two bins we have four bins.

One bin for rubbish, one bin for grass, food waste, etc. One bin for paper and cardboard and one bin for glass, tins and plastic. Then once a week they collect the bins and empty them and they go off and be recycled.

It made me laugh, I was at my dads who doesnt have seperate bins like my mum. Finished my bottle of beer and asked my dad where does he want me to put it, he said in the bin. I said which one and he said the only one he had. When I questioned my dad he understood my concerns, but the bit that suprised me was that I questioned it, I wanted to recyle.

I also don't drive. So where possible I go on a train or bus, and I walk.

People still mock me because I don't have a licence. When they ask why don't you, I reply simply because I want to help out the environment. This shut them up.

But then I guess I started to believe my lies. If I am talking to people I make them try and realise that they could car share or use public transport or even walk.

A great example is this. The place I am currently working at has circa 1000 employees. That's a lot of people. I would say 900 probably drive to work if not more. I don't understand this, the place is next to where all the buses stop and a train station. Good transport links and a fair few live in the local area. My dad happens to live locally. It's a 20 minute walk. Down one hill, and up another and you are there. Every morning I leave at 8.25. I always see the same kids walking past me, the postman etc. The same routine, over and over again.

Some of you will remember Finance girl. Katie, she is hot. Probably not single but I don't care. Anyway apparently she lives around the corner. This makes sense, as I see her every morning drive past me. Now here is the funny thing.

I leave at 8.25, Katie leaves at 8.25. We are both from the same place, both have to be in for 8.45 yet only one of us is walking. She doesn't need her car at work, she is finance all she does is number crunch and pay my wages. Yet she can't walk.

Oh she sits in traffic for 20 minutes, we both get there at the same time (normally I arrive before her) So there is no benefit for driving except wasting energy and polluting.

Then there is finance girl number 2, also fairly hot. Sarah. Likewise she lives near me and Katie. Does she walk? Does she balls. She drives as well. Now I wouldn't mind as much if Katie gave Sarah a lift. Heck they are good friends and work together. But no both want to spend 20 minutes in traffic polluting this place.

This example is certainly not unique. Many others who live 5,10,15, 20, 30 minute walks away who drive in. Not only that no one car shares.

Anyway this hasn't made much sense, more saying that I am aware of the environment and while I am by no means perfect I am trying to do my bit.