View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 23:56   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Alliance/Galaxy defense fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Fully agree with this, in terms of the additional fleet slots you mentioned, I would stick to just 3.. but make 4 or even 5 a researchable addition.
Yeah, if you'd want to expand the research idea you could easily start off the game with just one fleet slot - and then research up more. Maybe pace up research to compensate, but more 'clear' options in the research three that 'distinctively' change your planet's behavior would be good (by change of behavior I mean - minings and roid caps aren't 'that' interesting, being able to build different ships, ships traveling faster and so so are just more 'flashy').

Quote:
There is one more suggestion that can be rolled into this and that is shared scanning. Add scan requests to the alliance page which are carried out automatically by alliance scanners even if they aren't logged in (prioritizing who carries out the scan is up for discussion, not sure on this).
This becomes a little bit of an off topic but it's interesting.

The whole scan system would need to be somewhat revised, in my opinion. At some point I was toying with a thought of tossing the entire scan tree (and possibly covert operations tree and giving it a little bit of an extra punch) to the alliance options too, so that your alliance would have it's own research tree. Scans could then be done by selected individuals with access and charged from the alliance fund (which would be funded by planets).

The inherent issue with scans are that it 'requires' a scan planet - the idea is nice, but since it's a team game, it ultimately always boils down to someone having to sacrifice his planetary success to others (too much, in my opinion). I remember some LCH bloke with a strange name that was in a gal with me and Satyr and Greenhills making it to something bizarre like top30 as a scanner but he was weird and he did it his own strange way. But these are exceptions.

Without mentioning the fact that new players are stuck without scans or have crippled planets because they don't scan and so so.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote