View Single Post
Unread 24 Nov 2006, 03:45   #89
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Not surprised you ignored most of my post there, but I'll respond to this.

First up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
I cannot change Yahwe. I don't want to change Yahwe. In truth from what I have read I'm not so sure he would make a good parent. Kids need strict boundaries and absolutes to learn what is right and what is wrong. He might teach his children a world of grey where stealing is ok if you don't get caught but helping others is not always right or something.
You either poorly worded this, or are backtracking. But, I swear you're advocating black vs white only. And chastising {sp?} yahwe for allegedly teaching a 'world of grey' which you are implying is bad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Don't be a victim. Don't blame your parents for every flaw you think you have. The only thing keeping you from doing what you want is you. It's all smoke and mirrors to start blaming anything other than ourselves for why we are not what we want to be.
I had a nice long post for this, but decided against telling my pitiful little life story. Summarized, is this:

I was not allowed to get a drivers license at 18, 19, or 20 before the new program went in forcing me to now wait 2 years before I can get a fully qualified license. This will be amplified by the fact I can not get said license until I am fully certain where I will be established in 8 months from now.

I was not able to move out due to risk of my tuition paying being cut off.

I was not able to socialize outside of bday parties and school for 17 years because of them, and as a result am now shy and somewhat awkward at parties and whatnot. No movies with friends, no dates with girls, no sports past elementary school.

You cannot even attempt to blame me for this, as all of this was my parents decision, doing, and perogative. The only thing I'm guilty of is maybe not pressing the whole social thing starting from september this year, when I actually have some time. If you can somehow vindicate my parents for 17 years of me living under a rock, feel %*#$&ing free.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote