View Single Post
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 18:14   #76
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
God still amazes me. I was playing PA last night and I wanted to covert op a planet attacking my galaxy and God said not to do it. I thought why not and did it. The covert op failed. Why would he even bother to assist me with a war game? Not sure on that one but I need to learn to listen to him cause he is right every time.
So, to be clear... GOD spoke to you last night, I assume you have a bush in your room that caught fire or some such. There was no ambiguity in your statement, no question as to wheither it might have been the TV on downstairs, or your fillings picking up KZMB (All Zombie Radio!!), or one of your kids squalling from the next room, you are convinced GOD spoke to you.

Lets call that: Evidence of lunacy #1, shall we?

So when GOD spoke to you, what did he speak to you about? Was it telling you to bet on 42 on roulette? Was he telling you to be more humble and devout? Was he telling you to give your earthly posessions to Charity and join a monestary? Was he asking you to plant a pipe bomb in an abortion clinic? was he sking you to lead your people to freedom across the desert?

No. GOD spoke to you, and he told you to not launch a 'special ops' attack on planet in the online computer game Planetarion. So sayeth the Lord.

Lets call that: Evidence of lunacy #2 shall we?

So, having had GOD speak to you (no ambiguity pparently, it was GOD), and having decided that the most valuable way to spend his time on earth was not to heal the sick, clothe the homeless or feed the hungry, but to gibe you advice on how to make an attack in a petty online computer game, you then chose to IGNORE the will of God.

Let's call that Evidence of lunacy #3, shall we?

I dated a psychiatrist for a couple years back in the day, and let me tell you something. If someone comes to the hospital stating that God spoke to them, they do not hold a consultation to determine if God actually might be speaking to the person, they isntantly categorise them as delusional. And you know what? They are correct.

Belief cn be a wonderful thing I imagine. It can help you through incredibly difficult times if you are the kind of person who is not strong enough to get through them without a crutch. It can help you be a good person, as long as you only obey some of the 'rules' and ignore the evil ones. It can promote people giving to charity, and help others in some (though sadly too few) cases.

But coming on here and saying GOD gave you advice on playing Planetarion, and you ignored it? That makes you an utter simpleton. Sorry.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote