View Single Post
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 13:54   #72
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I think that if God is real and had an option of giving yourself or Yahwe a kid, Yahwe would win every time. After all if God created humans he did so by making us different from pretty much every animal we know of. Our brain is able of a lot of things that other animals cant do and one of the most important things our brain allows us to do is be free thinking and inventive. So if there is a God he clearly wanted us to question things, not act like cheep and to constantly better ourselves and increase our knowledge.

This means you as a ‘mindless drone’ that isn’t able to be critical and free thinking are a lot less ‘worthy’ than Yahew. In fact I’d go as far as saying you would be considered a ‘sinner’ in the eyes of any God as great as the one you worship as your betraying the gifts he gave you and attempting to stop others from using the gifts either. As such any kid brought up by Yahwe would be more like the kind of person God intended us to be than any kid brought up by you.

Ofc it could turn out that the God you worship is real and does get a kick out of the masses of mindless drones that follow him but as someone else said that’s one petty and vein God and I’m not sure such a being deserves to be worshipped or respected
Wakey you don't seem to understant God at all. God wants you to be everything HE has called you to be. He did give you a mind to question things and figure things out. Why would God not want you to use your brain?

Seriously I did not just walk into a church, get hit with a cattle prod, find myself tied up to a chair, and forced to listen to Gospel music until I converted. It was nothing like that at all. I made the choice. I made the decision. And yes there are days when I have my doubts. I rethink everything that led me to believe and yet over the past 2 years since I became a believer I still believe.

God still amazes me. I was playing PA last night and I wanted to covert op a planet attacking my galaxy and God said not to do it. I thought why not and did it. The covert op failed. Why would he even bother to assist me with a war game? Not sure on that one but I need to learn to listen to him cause he is right every time.

By the way I am already a parent with 2 children of my own and 3 in total in my household.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote