View Single Post
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:07   #65
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Seeing as Boogster claims those posting “Hate Religion” and due to the fact I regularly post on these threads I thought I would reply with my stance.

Do I hate religion? Yes and No. While I have no problem with people having faith and believing in a higher being I hate religious organisations with a passion. These are group’s setup to raise self appointed leaders into a position of power with the view of imposing their views on others through fear. These organisations aren’t anything to do with a god, they are man abusing peoples faith and insecurities. The bibles a perfect example of this, so much faith is put in this book’s accuracy because in the words of Travlers beloved Pastor Chuck

Quote:
The New Testament canon in its current form was first formally attested in 367. Nevertheless, church leaders applied important standards when compiling the Bible. Authors of accepted writings needed to have walked and talked with Jesus, or at least with his leading disciples. Their teaching could not contradict what other apostles had written, and their documents must have been accepted by the entire church, from Jerusalem to Rome. Church leaders considered earlier letters and reports more credible than later documents. Finally, they prayed and trusted the Holy Spirit to guide their decisions.
If this isn’t selective editing then I don’t know what is. I mean
  1. Author must have met and spoken to Jesus – I have met and spoken to Maria Sharapova but does that make me a valid source to write a book about her just on the single meeting. I haven’t met George Best but I could write a book claiming I had and it would be hard to disprove. Also I am not the Archbishop of Canterbury but what’s to stop me writing a book as him. And we are now living in a period where validating information is a lot easier than its ever been and it will continue to get easier but even then if enough time lapses it gets harder. Back when the current canon was formed it was hundreds of years after the reports were supposedly written so how did they decide who is who they claim they are, who had met Jesus and who had enough contact to be a reliable first hand witness
  2. If It contradicted others it was thrown out – Who says that the others aren’t wrong and the contradictorily source isn’t right. And human beings can view the same things differently so is a few different perspectives really valid for throwing a whole source out
  3. It had to be agreed by everyone – People don’t agree on most things, even in a smallish group of like minded people such as this will see only parts that fit in with the core beliefs being agreed and anything else will be discarded. So its hardly reliable is it
  4. They prayed to be guided to make the right decisions – So basically that’s saying they edited the bible based on gut feelings. While at times peoples gut feelings can be right but at the same time they can be wrong as our beliefs, social surroundings and our upbringing can all affect it

It’s simply not a reliable text because of this, if it was to be reedited today in such a manner it would see the church crucified in the same way that Michael Moore is whenever he releases a new book or documentary due to it being so 1 sided and heavy handed that any real points it makes are masked by the attempts to boost ego’s and to force the same beliefs onto others

Anyway if you want to have faith then go ahead and have it, I have no problem with anyone finding ways help them get through life be it by having faith in God or Buddha or Allah, or Satan, or Aliens or even Science.

I can probably even tolerate you belonging to and actively practising an ‘organised religion’ (A grouping which I include not only the main religions but also any other ‘cult’ like spiritual group for example scientology) if you choose to by your own free will and haven’t been scared into following the religion, or preyed upon as your in a vulnerable situation and when you make that choice you and your group then start preaching your religion to others and trying to impose your beliefs onto others. Some people believe that women have a right to have abortions and it’s a difficult choice for them so you shouldn’t be making them feel guilty for their choice and homosexuality is something some people are born with. It’s not some illness that can be cured. Just like a heterosexual they need support to help them come to terms with their sexuality not made to feel guilty by a bunch of bigots.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote