View Single Post
Unread 15 May 2010, 15:01   #70
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance player limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
**** economics, its the individual player who signs up to have a good time that matters. Being tossed into a 100man unorganized alliance just makes them a planet in the masses, with little sense of being anything else then a muppet.
I blame the HCs in the wannabe first tier alliances, they cant handle the masses but they recruit just about anything, and they dont care about their members. Thats not HCing, its called sitting on the top for a fancy title that means nothing in the modern PA.
With a 50man limit, those alliances would have no choice but to care for their 50 members, or they would simply die. If they cant care for their members, then perhaps they should die.

Although the quality of a 100 man tag is low at the bottom of the ladder, I do think that these people have a statistically better chance of forming a lasting community because some will have quality and can enhance the experience for eachother. While they can also attract limitless other players than when you have say a 50 or even smaller tag. Although bad alliances, players and so forth should not be rewarded, you are not really suggseting an alternative here.

Having no choice but to care is a fallacy. They can chose not to care, die and leave the game. This game is what it is, a game. And we should have mechanics in place that lock people into the game and make it accessible, not push people away.

I really do not know if you are making a point for high/no limits or smaller limits. While I say this I also think you should disconnect the idea of 'counted score' versus alliance limit. The discussion is here about the tag limit.