Thread: Recall bug!
View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2016, 15:14   #29
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold
Re: Recall bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
what im saying is THINK about it, there are solutions which would work better than the current implementation.
That depends on what the problem is.. If the problem is 'oops I forgot to recall my fleet' then NO implementation will solve the problem.

Quote:
May i remind you that we are customers reporting a problem. If your customer reports a problem and you cant identify the root cause or reproduce it easily, do you ignore that customer or do you find a better solution that would resolve the problem?
No, if my customers report a problem I find the root cause and reproduce the problem. Always.
(And maybe stating the obvious - I have no relation with PA other then being a player so it are not my customers anyway)

Quote:
We like some others had a problem with our tools, we knew the root cause, some **** was using <iframe> in his planet name, pa team would not help or change the way the game worked so we had to rewrite half our tools. simple solution would be for pa team to restrict what was acceptable in r/p, instead they had to change pages to prevent them breaking and alliances had to rewrite parts of their tools.
Well, I'm sorry that you had to rewrite half your tools.. it means they were broken to begin with and it would've been just as easy to fix this when doing the import from the dumps.

Am I sorry for breaking your pages? Nope, not at all.. The <iframe> just was an efficient way to highlighted the issue.. I could've used other things and hijacked your pages/sessions..

Restricting the input to prevent the use of <> would've been an acceptable solutions too.. Why PA team did not choose that one is something I had no influence over.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote