View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 08:10   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: So what do you do exactly?

I guess it depends, widely on music. If it's trash I don't really appreciate, I'll rather try make my way to sitting down and pulling some more alcohol, the same applies for the sort of music you just-don't-dance. Alcohol can play a part at the atmosphere, though, but the scheme's fairly primary. I think alcohol mostly plays part in the mentioned static dancing (what you do when drunk and feel like, no matter how ackward and crap music, dancing). The actual "dancing" happens more sober, and it's because of the music and the atmosphere, not the drunken state of mind.

What comes to ballroom dancing, it's to me a different kind of a social event. Going clubbing, or raves, I don't really mind who I'm dancing with, if I'm dancing, I'm dancing for the joy of dance and music. Having been to the other sort of setup twice, with the highschool scene, ballroomsey is a lot more about the company. Of course, a lot of it involves swapping, but if the partner you're with is being a moron (like my ex-girlfriend when being with her there), you're definately not going to enjoy it. On the other hand, if you're doing it with a person whose company you enjoy (like the first person I was doing it with), it'll probably be a lot of fun even though the music isn't very great .

I was probably out until 7am or so dancing at the Konemetsä this summer. There's little that beats brilliant live music in a forest at the dawn. I wasn't even very drunk during the festival weekend - in fact, that's probably one of my most sober weekends this summer (which isn't much admitted), yet it left me with a hip strain, nasty sunburns, and flu. The other incident worth noting would have been Rammstein in 2005. The front row was an amazing, regardless of people pushing you at the fence and the air being a little warm.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote