View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 01:28   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So what do you do exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
pig why don't you know this? to me you always seemed one of the few guys in here who actually does go out, visiting pubs/clubs/footballmatches etc.

and def how come you do know? i'm confused.
Because when i go to festivals and see good acts with good atmospheres you dance and you dont think about it, and you're completely 100% aware of anyone that doesnt look comfortable / is out of place. One of my friends earned the nickname Captain Buzzkill for his terrible non commital 'peering at a traffic jam from the middle seat in the car' approach to gigging/festivals. It can absolutely ruin a gig: best example for me would be t in the park 2005 - when i actually wanted to see the killers (). They played main stage and it was packed to the rafters for miles back - we fought as far as we could towards the front - not very, 20-30m off if i recall - because it was jammed tight. But no one danced, or jumped, or bounced, or moved, or did anything with their hands, and it was just the most soul destroying musical experience of my life*; just second to seeing the Eels play a rock set rather than stick to their strengths.

I also know this because ive made the mistake of going to clubs far too often in my life, and have spent some of the worst minutes of my life trying to pretend i care enough about the music to dance to RnB / Dance / Music that only poor people could like. Dancing shouldnt be a convention or chore ; it should be spontaneous and fun**. So yeah, ive been the 'clearly uncomfortable out of their element' guy enough times to know

* - in my friendgroup when a band/singer/stand up comedian gets little or no reaction; we now call it a 'killers pop'

** Apart from ballroom dancing because it looks great. But you dont have to do that to Rhianna i guess

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote