Thread: cover versions
View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2006, 19:49   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: cover versions

Madonna - American Pie

Seriously though, I really like Westlife's version of Uptown Girl - the original never really done it for me but the new one is fanstastic. I like the "Logical Song", both the original (Supertramp) and the cover (Scooter) and couldnt really pick out a favourite. I also prefer the Oasis version of "I Am The Walrus" to the Beatles', but I doubt many would agree.

Away from bubblegum pop, I quite like Guns' N Roses interpretation of "New Rose" although neither are brilliant (cant remember who done the original but it sucks). I think the Marilyn Manson cover of "Tainted Love" is interesting but I don't particularly like it. Nirvana's "Lake of Fire" and "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" are probably their only 2 great songs, and both are covers. Apocalytica's version of Metallica is an interesting gimmick, but not particuarly good (Metallica music doesnt have the complexity to make an instrument piece worthwhile, and most of the pieces are repetitive and go nowhere).

I also agree with the general 'covers are shit' sentiment. I cant think of a single cover that would be anywhere near my list of '50 best songs ever' or similar.

edit: Sarah Brightman's cover of "Eden" is good (I havent heard the original though).

Last edited by Nodrog; 27 May 2006 at 20:06.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote