Thread: Imagine
View Single Post
Unread 17 Mar 2008, 14:03   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
that you have middle-easten or affiliated heritage, that you like most people in the world believe the invasions into iraq and afghanistan were western self interest, that you see pictures like these (click to go to the wired article for more). how would you feel towards countries that have implicitly or explicitly supported these wars and camps? if someone told you about a political movement that wishes to fight such, would you join?
This is really hard to say one way or the other. As an American I have grown up in America and have values similar to other Americans. As far as politics go most of us would rather leave it than take so as an American I would say "Why Bother" when this political movement came around asking for my support. After all I know the futility of fighting the big money war machine and nothing I do will make a difference in the long run. The rich will still get their way and wars will still be started because it's up to the poor to supply the labor needed to keep the weathly people with the money they need to continue.

Now if I had not grown up in America or Western Europe I might actually believe that I could make a difference and join such a political movement. I might even think this was a holy war to defend ourselves from American Imperialism. I might hold onto the belief that if we blow ourselves up enough and kill a few of them it will make a difference because they are not disposable like we are. They will be outraged with every attack and convince their government to stop.

Truth is that the people that control the USA do not care about the majority of people and feel that we are all disposable. I imagine their thoughts would be like: "So what if a few thousand soldiers lose their lives. So what if a few places get bombed and people die. No big loss because there are millions of people to replacement them. Let those stupid Jihadist do what ever they want because they will never muster enough strength to stop the US war machine. As long as the money keeps on flowing nothing else matters.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote