Thread: Lostprophets
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:28   #26
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Lostprophets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not really sure what "the scene" actually is, in objective terms, as there's definitely nothing I've ever encountered that is that solid just random people who go to random gigs/clubs. Even in London (where I presume there is a fairly large clubbing scene compared to some towns) people end up going to entirely different types of place from time to time. I've met the same individuals at goth, punk or even psy-trance nights for instance.

But anyway, as always the people will vary. There's always going to be shit people in any social circle (look at these forums for example) but a lot of the people I've encountered in what I suppose you're terming is "the scene" have been ridiculously nice.
I think scene is a somewhat ambiguous term and will certainly mean different things to different people. I also think it may be a lot less pronounced in London because it's so much bigger and has so much on offer, for me growing up you'd always tend to have the same people a shows no matter where they were which made it a lot more close knit. When I think of the term "scene" and more specifically the type of people who would use the phrase it usually brings to mind posing 16 year olds in Atticus t-shirts desperately seeking acceptance and usually using the "scene" as a barrier to exclude others, as you say you get shit people everywhere, for me though I found a far larger concentration of them in the punk (Far less so)/emo (Far more so) scene than anywhere else.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote