View Single Post
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 17:48   #398
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: R31 rumour thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
but why the need to recruit vastly beyond that core?

i understand your moral and democratic reasons (which i find a bit excessive given that this is just a game) about people all having the right to invite their friends, but this is a wargame. we cant all invite all our friends to play with us or else we'll all be in one alliance and it will be a roid initiation race.
We don't need to, we just don't have anyone mandating that we don't. It's an odd situation (in my opinion). No one wants to be the asshole that says '**** you all, we're going to follow PAteam's arbitrary memberlimit.'

Personally, I think PAteam's memberlimit hurts other alliances that follow it more than our recruiting practices do, so I wonder why people aren't hounding PAteam (presumably because they stupidly assume we'll win by an even more dominating margin).

The current situation isn't a linear, we can't really extrapolate from the last 3 rounds that the only uncertain alliance ranks are #2 and below.

For the first thing, everyone seems to think it'd be terrible if we won again (myself included, I'd probably end up being that asshole I mentioned above if we did). Secondly, a lot of stuff (some of it unprecedented, which is awesome) is happening outside our private channel that will affect the round. Thirdly, I've got an inkling that about 20-30 of our members that plan on playing actively next round think it's going to be some kind of easy-mode. A couple of these people emoquitting can have pretty bad consequences.

While I'm falling into the standard pattern of playing down Ascendancy's chances to win next round, I do still think we have a very good shot at it. I still want us to win, and I hope the right people will step up to help us to that victory. But a lot of things are still up in the air, and the pieces aren't exactly going to fall before ticks start. Excepting the FAnG piece, I guess...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote