View Single Post
Unread 20 Apr 2009, 16:34   #371
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R31 rumour thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
If this round is the landslide you predict I think a lot of people in Ascendancy will be looking for a change. If I am being 100% honest I myself was in favour of something a little smaller for the upcoming round but that wasn't the feeling of the majority and so we march onwards. The real issue is that the people at the core of Ascendancy want to play together more than they want to play at all.

Bearing that in mind, if I had neither my BP nor my Alliance (and the two are very deeply interwoven) then I would cease to play entirely as my sense of achievement is rooted so much more firmly in our collective success than in my own. The fact that I know this to be true for ~50 other people I play with (including non playing community members) suggests that losing Ascendancy would most likely mean losing them too. So the question then becomes, is your community more important than ours? If so, why and how much must our community sacrifice so that you guys can be happy? I'm honestly not feeling the fairness here.
The difference is, your 150+ community is killing the competition in the game. No-one said Asc has to disband, just that the current situation cannot continue.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote