View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 06:02   #21
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Maybe faster on clock speed; what about graphics cards and the like?

They won't be faster for very much longer.

They're not all that expandable.

They're exceptionally expensive.

And from using both Windows XP and MacOS 9/X for extended periods of time, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Microsoft product was more stable.
That just made my head hurt. What you said is so flawed of a comparison that its pathetic. First of all whatever graphic card you choose to put in there is your own business, not Apple's. They just made the fastest computer, they didn't say they made the fastest graphics card. They are not a graphics card company. Just so you know its consumers who buy the graphics card not the corporation and whichever one you choose to put in there is your own business. Also Apples are expandable and upgradable, especially the G4 and G5 series. You can put up to 2gigs of RAM in a G4, and I think 4gigs in the G5. You can customize your graphics card, optical drives, and if you have a little more know-how then the average person, the processors.

They aren't any more expensive then any other quality pre-built system. If you want to cut down the price, dont have it preinstalled with a graphics card or lots of RAM and do that yourself. Its a company they charge you for stuff like that, do what other PC users do and buy and upgrade it yourself. Its not like these are old Macs where you cant upgrade and customize.

Mac OS X is infinitely more stable the XP pro. It has its own native software for mail, AIM, music, dvds, browsers, and upgrades each program and the OS as patches come out automatically. Because of this there are never any conflicts with preferences, not to mention its running of a unix kernal base allowing it to be much more secure then dos-based windows. I dont even have anti-virus software for my Mac and the only time I have OS X crash or become corrupted was when I overshot my RAM use and had itunes, Safari, iDVD, WarCraft 3, AIM, Mail, Quarkxpress, Adobe Photoshop, WarCraft 3 editor, Applescript, Text-edit, Calculator, and several other programs open simultaneously.

So please keep your opinions to yourself and stop spreading uninformed biases.

Also another thing is that Intel doesn't even have a 64-bit processor in the works. They would have to get dual 4ghz pentium processors in order to compete with the new apple, so unless Apple
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote